Join Our Team
We are growing and looking for a new person to join our fantastic team. Read the job description below and if you are interested, please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SENIOR TAX ACCOUNTANT
Bailey Scarano, LLC, a top shoreline public accounting firm in Connecticut, is looking to continue growing its highly dedicated and skilled staff by adding another tax expert to our team.
ABOUT THE FIRM
At Bailey Scarano, we implement accounting and tax strategies that enhance the well-being of our clients, while helping our team-members continually hone their skills. It’s what we’ve been doing for over 100 years!
- Provide quality service in a timely manner
- Offer services to growth-oriented clients of integrity
- Assist clients in reaching their maximum potential through open communication and teamwork
- Create a training & learning environment for all employees to achieve and maintain the highest competence
- Encourage partners and staff to be involved in civic, community and professional organizations
- Grow steadily, but never to lose our local identity and our personal relationship with the clients that are the foundation of our practice
As a Senior Tax Accountant you will work under the direct supervision of our Tax Partner and will be an essential part of our tax practice. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and review of individual, partnership, corporate, nonprofit, trust and estate tax returns
- Be a resource for questions from others within the firm
- Research complex tax issues
- Formulate tax planning strategies
- Help develop the firms continuing professional tax education
- Develop and nurture client relationships
- Manage heavy workloads and meet deadlines
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in public accounting with concentration in tax
- Experience supervising staff and maintaining client relationships
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or related field
- CPA required
- Proficiency in tax software programs (CCH Axcess a plus) and Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to lead by example and motivate others
Bailey Scarano offers a competitive benefits package including medical insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan, personal and vacation time.