Join Our Team
We are growing and looking for a new person to join our fantastic team. Read the job description below and if you are interested, please email a resume to email@example.com.
SENIOR TAX ACCOUNTANT – 5+ years experience in Public Accounting and/or Tax preparation
Bailey Scarano, LLC, a top shoreline public accounting firm in Connecticut, is looking to continue growing its highly dedicated and skilled staff by adding another tax expert to our team.
ABOUT THE FIRM
For the last 100 years Bailey Scarano has been one of the most respected accounting firms in the Connecticut, Shoreline area. Our tax professionals offer a full range of tax services including; individual, partnership, corporations, estate and trusts returns.
Currently, we are seeking a senior a tax professional to join our team. Our hands-on, personal approach, along with accessibility to partners is what makes us so effective. We have a long tenure within our team, and our philosophy of work-life balance is an integral part of who we are. J
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate and oversee all aspects of the tax return including engagement letters, work papers, client meetings, and tax preparation
- Help train and mentor junior staff
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting – Required
- CPA License preferred
- Solid 3-4 years at one firm
- 5+ years of complex corporate, partnership and individual tax returns
- Experience with ProSystem fx a plus.
- Excellent computer skills with proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and QuickBooks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with project deadlines and the ability to multitask
- Able to work additional hours between January through April and during extension deadline season.
- 5 years Public Accounting experience (preferred)
We are looking for the right person to work with our team, and for this position are offering:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Profit sharing
- Medical Insurance
- Long term disability
- Vacation and Personal time
- Opportunity for advancement
Progressive Shoreline public accounting firm which provides services in various industries seeks highly motivated individual with 2+ years public accounting experience, including tax and financial statement preparation. Must have strong verbal and written communication skills. Individual must be professional, organized and capable or working both as a team player and independently. This position offers great long-term opportunity and potential for promotion.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Assist in preparation of compiled, reviewed and audited financial statements for various types of nonpublic clients
- Assist with performance of audit fieldwork for financial statement audits
- Periodic bookkeeping and reconciliation of various general ledger accounts
- Tax preparation for individual and small business tax returns
- Communicate with clients in person, phone and email
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- BS in Accounting/Finance
- 2+ years in public accounting
- Proficient with Excel, Word, QuickBooks Online and Desktop
- Basic knowledge of GAAP and federal/state tax regulations
- Takes ownership of projects
- Understand importance of deadlines
- Ability to multitask
- Experience with any of the following programs a plus:
- ProSystemfxFixed Assets
- PPC Smart Practice Aids
- CCH Axcess Tax
Excellent benefit package including medical, long term disability, 401k, profit sharing, personal and vacation time.